Google Translate

2014年6月13日星期五

Eizo ev2336w VS Asus PA238q in panels, colour and flicker free

My PA238q was bought in 2012 and today comes the Eizo ev2336w.

There are resources online suggesting that ev2336w is native 8bit PLS panel with 10bit LUT whilst PA238q is 6-bit E-IPS and 8/10 LUT. Nevertheless with a side-by-side comparison of these two monitors, PA238q outperforms ev2336w in the colour test using the following picture. Both monitor setting in the default sRGB mode (ev2336w with display port & pa238q with hdmi), PA238q can distinguish the leftmost colours while ev2336w can only do 1 step worse -- the most left two blocks are displayed in one colour...


Ideally, I was expecting ev2336w provide as least equivalent colour performance to my old PA238q, but I have to be a little disappointed. Nevertheless, ev2336w provides much better colour than iiyama x2783HSB, which adopts the latest amva+ panel (I am returning it....). Based on this results, my personal intention will be that pa238q is native 8bit and 10bit LUT (pB238q is for sure degrade to 6bit e-ips...) and ev2336w is possibly native 6bit panel and 8bit LUT. Both have impressively colour deviations. ASUS officially guarantees delta E < 5 and Eizo is Eizo.

Speaking to the flicker free, it is my motivation to buy ev2336w in the first place. Eizo used DC to control brightness from range 20%-100% and PMW from 0-20%. PA238q uses PMW all the time but high (some said > 2khz) the frequency to avoid possible screen flickering when brightness is low. Both methods seems great in practice. However, pa238q will generate high frequency pitch when brightness is less than 90% in my case, by which I can only use less contrast to make my eyes less tired rather than by directly reducing the brightness.

In all, both monitors are fantastic! They are trading off the quality of panel and the quality of the product overall. Ideally, one for coding and the other phtoshopping.:-)

没有评论:

发表评论